>So after priming the animals I started into painting them with some house paint that I have mixed. It is economical, but the covering power of the paint is a little lacking. I may just convert back to acrylics to gain that covering ability.
>Here is a rough colour animatic for a class that I just did. The initial concept was about conflict. The conflict here is between a hero and his sidekick. I went a little further and created a additional story and two levels of story.
>So this is the next stage a small selection of the animals that I am working on. They are really simply cut out. The challenge was on the band saw and having a flat surface for the blocks to be cut from. So I decided to leave about 3/16′ at each cut to keep it together then use the sanding belt to grind down what I didn’t cut.